Thursday, October 30, 2008

Organ Man

Aaron has been a ward organist for almost as long as he's been a member of the Church. But he's never had any formal lessons (a fact that may surprise many people!) He had the opportunity to spend an hour at the Tabernacle with one of his musical idols, Dr. Clay Christiansen. He was able to play a few songs and get some helpful tips from Dr. Christiansen. After their session, we got to take a tour of the Tabernacle. We went behind the pipes to see how it all works behind the scenes. It's pretty amazing that this place was built by pioneers in the 1800's. Along with me and Jordan, my parents and Lily and Kari got to come watch. It was neat to see everything and for Aaron to have such a great time. My mom took some video, but I can't figure out how to rotate it-so it's sideways. Sorry! But the sound is still good. :-)

2 comments:

Dianne said...

I went once on a tour of the tabernacle when I was younger. It was so amazing. We were also able to see where the choir had their wardwrobe, music sheets, where the translations took place, etc. Not sure if you were able to see all of that. Who knew what was underground between the tabernacle and the north visitor's center.

Wynter said...

Thats fun, I got to go behind the scenes there too when I was in a high school choir. I loved it, it was so amazing to me how much detail they put in everything.